The Hellenic Film Society USA is dedicated to promoting Greek cinema throughout the United States. Our mission is to share the richness of Greek films with a wider American audience, to showcase Greek movies, and to preserve the film heritage of Greece.
The Hellenic Film Society USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization rooted in the belief that Greek cinema can and should be part of the American cultural landscape. We promote feature films, documentaries, and film shorts made by Greek filmmakers and those of Greek descent, as well as films that promote the cultures of Greece and Cyprus.
The organization, founded by Jimmy DeMetro and the team that presented the New York City Greek Film Festival for 11 years, was established to expand the reach of Greek film beyond a single annual festival. We are passionate about our mission to present and support high-quality, well-crafted films and, as such, we strive to carry out the following:
- Present screenings of new and classic Greek films throughout the year in cities across the US
- Sponsor panel discussions, master classes, and lectures by directors and film scholars on Greek cinema
- Support aspiring filmmakers of Greek descent and promote their films
- Collaborate with influential film institutions and festivals to showcase Greek films
- Foster relationships between Greek filmmakers and US investors and distributors
- Restore and preserve Greek film classics
To volunteer at our screenings, please contact us at 718.531.5074 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 917.710.3027 | 718.531.5074
Mailing address: Hellenic Film Society (USA), Inc.
Astoria, NY 11106
Founders and Officers
Nancy Nicolelis Litsas